Skip to content
- What’s different about community-style acupuncture?
No one heals in isolation. Individual treatments in a communal treatment room. Exceptional care at affordable rates. Treating more than one patient per hour allows you to come more often.
- Is it safe to come in for treatment?
We are doing everything we can to minimize the risks during this time. We are remaining up to date with the latest health and safety information and have implemented enhanced cleaning and safety protocols as per the BCCDC, Worksafe BC and our regulatory body, the CTCMA. Having said that, given the nature of the virus there are still risks in coming in for treatment. If you are worried about contracting the virus, and would prefer a virtual session, please contact us.
- Can you treat back pain if I’m sitting in a recliner chair?
Yes we can address all areas of the body in recliner chairs. We use a distal style of needling which means that we avoid needling the areas that are causing you pain. Just roll up your sleeves, pant legs, take off your socks and relax – no need to disrobe.
- Will I be treated by a trained and registered acupuncturist?
Yes, all our acupuncturists are fully trained and registered with the CTCMA (Canadian Traditional Chinese Medicine Association)
- You said “sliding scale” …um, really?
Yes, our scale ranges from $25-45, and each patient decides where they feel comfortable within that range. There is a one-time $10 paperwork fee on your first visit.
- What will happen during my first appointment?
Prior to your appointment you will fill out an online intake form, consent, and a pre-screening for Covid-19 questionnaire. At the time of your appointment, your acupuncturist will greet you at the door, screen you once again, and then get you settled in the clinic. You’ll have a consultation with the acupuncturist. Once the needles are applied, you can relax and have a nap (many people do!) for up to an hour.
- How many treatments will I need?
Each person responds a little differently to treatment, but our goal is always to help you feel better as soon as possible.
- Will my treatment be covered by my Extended health Plan or MSP?
If your Extended Health Plan has an allowance for acupuncture, keep your receipts and submit them to your insurance carrier. While acupuncture is not covered by MSP, you may be eligible for reimbursement if you are on Premium Assistance. Please visit MSP website for more information.
- What kinds of things does acupuncture treat?
Some of the things we see most often include:
- Immune support, allergies and asthma
- Digestion issues and IBS
- Insomnia, stress, anxiety and depression
- Smoking cessation and withdrawal support
- Neck and back tension
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Headaches and migraines
- Chronic pain and arthritis
- Skin conditions
- Menstrual irregularities and menopause
- Fertility and pregnancy support
- Cervical ripening and malpositioned babies
- Side effects of radiation and chemotherapy
- …and much much more!