- What’s different about community-style acupuncture?
No one heals in isolation. Individual treatments in a communal treatment room. Exceptional care at affordable rates. Treating more than one patient per hour allows you to come more often.
- Can you treat back pain if I’m sitting in a recliner chair? Yes we can treat all areas in a chair. We use what’s called a distal style of needling which doesn’t needle directly into the distressed area but areas that correspond and allow instant feedback from you. Just roll up your sleeves, pant legs, take off your sock and relax – no need to disrobe, and stay as long as needed.
- Will I be treated by a trained and registered acupuncturist?
Yes, all our acupuncturists are fully trained and registered with the CTCMA (Canadian Traditional Chinese Medicine Association)
- You said “sliding scale” …um, really?
Yes, our scale ranges from $20-40, and each patient decides where they feel comfortable within that range. There is a one-time $10 paperwork fee on your first visit.
- What will happen during my first appointment?
You’ll arrive at the clinic twenty minutes early to fill out some paperwork, then have a consultation with the acupuncturist. Once the needles are applied, you can relax and have a nap (many people do!) for as long as you’d like.
- How many treatments will I need?
Each person responds a little differently to treatment, but our goal is always to help you feel better as soon as possible.
- Will my treatment be covered by my Extended health Plan or MSP?
If your Extended Health Plan has an allowance for acupuncture, keep your receipts and submit them to your insurance carrier. While acupuncture is not covered by MSP, you may be eligible for reimbursement if you are on Premium Assistance. Please visit MSP website for more information.
- What kinds of things does acupuncture treat?
Some of the things we see most often include:
- Immune support, allergies and asthma
- Digestion issues and IBS
- Insomnia, stress, anxiety and depression
- Smoking cessation and withdrawal support
- Neck and back tension
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Headaches and migraines
- Chronic pain and arthritis
- Skin conditions
- Menstrual irregularities and menopause
- Fertility and pregnancy support
- Cervical ripening and malpositioned babies
- Side effects of radiation and chemotherapy